The official FINAP family knew that fruit would not serve as pudding during our recent week in Cyprus, so in the heat we ate a LOT of Crunchie icecreams. Teamed with figs fresh from the garden, and the nightly barbecue we present a holiday-inspired dessert.
Yes, figs can be a pudding, but only if you add something naughty with them!
- 4 ripe figs
- Approx 2tbsp soft brown sugar or honey
- 170ml pot greek yogurt (or mascarpone if you are feeling really naughty)
- 1 Crunchie bar
- Approx 1tbsp butterscotch sauce or honey
- Wash, top and tail the figs and slice each one in half from top to bottom.
- Sprinkle each one with the sugar or honey.
- Either place under a hot grill, or wrap in foil and pop on the dying barbecue for approximately 5-10 minutes – until the sugar starts to caramelise and brown.
- Meanwhile, chop or bash the Crunchie into shards. Stir it through the yogurt. Top with a drizzle of butterscotch sauce or more honey.
- Serve immediately with the hot figs.