FINAP is fairly good at sticking to its ‘nothing from the free from aisle’ rule when bringing you naturally gluten free puddingspiration, and this recipe is no exception, although we think you may have to double take in disbelief that there is no flour (not even a funny kind) in this pudding!
We’ve never quite understood the American penchant for liberal use of peanut butter combined with jam, nor the national obsession with cookie dough, until now! Sandwiching warm, sweet, soft cookies together with jam and icecream creates something super sweet and indulgent. The best bit? You can whip these up from scratch in about 20 minutes. What are you waiting for?!
- 125g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 small egg (or half a large egg), lightly whisked
- A large handful of milk chocolate chips (optional)
- A sprinkle of sea salt (optional)
- Raspberry jam
- Vanilla icecream
- Preheat your oven to 175°c and get a baking sheet ready.
- Mix the peanut butter, egg, sugar and chocolate chips (if using) in a bowl until well combined. You will create a thick, shiny, sticky mixture
- Spoon the mixture into 8 mounds, well apart on the baking sheet, and flatten down a little with a fork. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove them from the oven, and leave to cool for a little on the baking sheet (they will be very soft). When firm enough to move, pop them on a wire rack to cool.
- While the cookies are still a little warm, sandwich them together with a teaspoon of jam and a generous scoop of vanilla icecream. Serve immediately.
All together now!
The cookie recipe is adapted from many I found online. If you’re not a peanut butter fan, why not try flourless chocolate fudge cookies?